Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'd Rather Be Rich



Who says you can't be filthy, stinking nice and rich at the same time?

I have decided to become rich. From now on, when I make a major decision (and probably some of the smaller ones) I will be asking myself, "Is this how rich people live?"

To this end, I have begun with my house. I cleaned. And I don't mean, ' I ran a duster over the surfaces, picked up the stuff from the floor and ran the dishwasher.' No. I SHOVELLED out my house. You think I'm exaggerating? I'm on a public computer, so I can't put on pictures. but let's just say that if I had an allergy to dust, I'd be hospitalized right now. In fact if my house were a person this would be the before picture:





and this would be the after:




I have never subscribed to the theory that money is the root of all evil. I think that's total bull-pucky. I'm not even sure I totally buy the notion that the love of money is the root of all evil. I think the root of all evil is the demand to be given that which you have not earned. Really think about that for a moment. Love, honor, respect, wealth, accolade, position, power.....all of these things require you to BECOME something greater. So I am have decided to undertake the process of that becoming. Anybody wanna join me?

No comments: