Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blogthings, how I love thee!

I don't know if you recall, those of you who've been around since my bloggy-birth (which would be all two of you), but I did a post in the early days about Blogthings. I am obsessed with them. They're alternately insightful, interesting, and just plain bizarre. Sometimes, you just want to say "What the Fifi?! Where did they get that?!" And other times you just sit there with your jaw in your lap 'cause they nailed you. Most of the time it's a mix. So here are...well...A LOT of ones I've done recently, and my take on them. (Oh, come on! You didn't seriously think I'd have nothing to say? It's ME!) And sadly, it is but a fraction of my wasted time that I present to you. Don't judge me!





You Have A Type A- Personality



You are one of the most balanced people around

Motivated and focused, you are good at getting what you want

You rule at success, but success doesn't rule you.



When it's playtime, you really know how to kick back

Whether it's hanging out with friends or doing something you love!

You live life to the fullest - incorporating the best of both worlds



I've never really considered myself to be type-A. But now that I think on it, I am. Down to my blood type. Scary. But I like to think I'm not obnoxiously type A. (Insert plea to be allowed to keep this illusion for a little while longer. Thank you.)





What Your Face Says



At first glance, people see you as warm and well-balanced.



Overall, your true self is creative and expressive.



With friends, you seem logical, detached, and a bit manipulative.



In love, you seem gentle and sensitive.



In stressful situations, you seem cheerful and optimistic.



Okay, I'm gonna ask all you bloggers out there if you agree with this. I don't think I do detached around my friends and in a stressful situation I alternate between being the comic relief and actually making the problem worse with my panickiness. (Yes, I know that's not a word, but it still fits.)And in love, I suck. Aside from that, it's completely accurate!





Your Fragrance Profile



The best calming fragrance: vanilla

The best fragrance for everyday wear: orange

The best fragrance to boost your sex appeal: lavender

The best fragrance for energy: pine



Now, how much fun is this?! I prefer lemon or grapefruit for my daily scent, but it's still in the citrus family. And vanilla does calm me down, if it isn't the sickeningly sweet kind that sits in the back of your throat for hours. And I LOVE pine. It comes right after cedar/sandalwood. And fresh lavender is a thing of beauty. I was glad they didn't stick me with patchouli, 'cause that stuff is NASTY. How'd they KNOW?!





You Should Play the Piano



You are a true music aficionado who loves many musical style and eras.

You find music to be an escape. And you'd like to be relaxed and comfortable when you're making it.



You're very innovative, and you have a unique way of knowing what may sound beautiful.

There's a strong possibility that you could compose some of your own work songs quite easily.



While you have a lot of creative energy, you are also serious and conscientious.

Your musical talent needs time, practice, and lots of privacy to flourish.



Your dominant personality characteristic: your painstaking attention to detail



Your secondary personality characteristic: your natural tendency to be whimsical



Well, how 'bout that? As it happens I am currently learning to play the piano! It is the instrument I am most drawn to and always has been. How about y'all? What instrument plays your soul strings?





Your EQ is 160



Two possibilities - you've either out "Dr. Phil-ed" Dr. Phil... or you're a dirty liar.



Seriously though, your whole "Don't Worry, Be Happy" philosophy is really what defines emotional intelligence.

You're warm, open, and very optimistic. You know how to act appropriately, even if you don't feel like it.



You are a good communicator, and you have little difficulty with personal relationships - even when you're dealing with difficult people.

In general, you are successful, capable, together person. You get what you want out of life.




I do consider myself to have a high emotional IQ (thanks, Mom!) in that I know what I should do in a given situation. This does not, however, consistently translate into action. Still workin' on that one. For most of my personal relationships, it's true, I don't have difficulty. The major exception being romantic relationships. Those I bomb out on regularly.




Your Rising Sign is Libra



A total charmer, it's hard for people to say no to you.

Irresistible and attractive, you have no shortage of love interests.



Totally competitive, you tend to thrive in stressful environments.

A peaceful soul, you avoid conflict at almost all costs.



Sometimes you try too hard to please those around you.

But you have a great inner strength that helps you bounce back easily.



This one was actually quite accurate. I just want to know one thing: What the heck is a rising sign?! Is it the opposite of a sinking sign? What exactly am I supposed to do with this information and how does it fit with the normal birthday sign? All you astrologically gifted people need to fill me in here. I'd also like to note that my abounding love interests are also INVISIBLE.





Your IQ Is 110



Your Logical Intelligence is Average


Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius


Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius


Your General Knowledge is Average



Awwwww...I feel so SMART right now! Suddenly, I'm quite sure I'll do just fine in school this fall!






You Are Chinese Food



Exotic yet ordinary.

People think they've had enough of you, but they're back for more in an hour.



I LOVE Chinese food, so I'm totally okay (and dare I say, flattered) with this comparison. But I have to say, I have heard several people say that when they have Chinese they are hungry an hour later. I do not have this problem. When I'm full, I'm full and it usually stays that way for a while. Must be my personal space needs showing.




What the House Test Says About You



You are happy with who you are, and you don't have an inflated sense of self importance. You do your own thing quietly. You don't take up a lot of space.



You can't stand community oriented people and annoying "buy local" campaigns. You prefer to live the best life possible, and that doesn't really involve many other people.



You are a social, friendly, and giving person. You like to bring people together and make them feel happy.



You take good care of your physical appearance. You dress well, stay in shape, and do your best to look great.



You are moved by the most simple of things. You can find pleasure from a small, perfect moment.



This was just fun! Though I nearly snort-laughed a beverage when I read that I like to stay in shape. HA! Only if round is a shape. What does the house test say about you?






You Should Live in a Small City



You are definitely an urban person, but not any old city will do.

You want a city that matches you well. For you, big cities lack individuality.

You prefer a smaller city with lots of personality, local culture, and history.



Also incredibly accurate. I am a small town girl, through and through.





People Definitely Like You



You are very well liked, and many people admire you.

You are friendly, well mannered, and fun to be around.

Of course, you're not perfect... but that's okay.

Your friends are usually willing to accept you for who you are!



What People Don't Like About You:



People don't like that you forget them easily. No one wants to be friends with someone who doesn't remember their name!



What People Like About You:



People like that you truly take and interest in them. Everyone likes to be liked!



People like that you're interesting and intriguing. You always have something interesting to say.



People like that you are genuine and real. They can count on you to be yourself.



Hey, thanks guys! I'm blushing, even though I can't remember your names.......






The Keys to Your Heart



You are attracted to those who are unbridled, untrammeled, and free.



In love, you feel the most alive when things are straight-forward, and you're told that you're loved.



You'd like to your lover to think you are loyal and faithful... that you'll never change.



You would be forced to break up with someone who was ruthless, cold-blooded, and sarcastic.



Your ideal relationship is lasting. You want a relationship that looks to the future... one you can grow with.



Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.



You think of marriage as something that will confine you. You are afraid of marriage.



In this moment, you think of love as something you thirst for. You'll do anything for love, but you won't fall for it easily.



Ready to love and be loved....just not ready to get married.....Works for me! Know any hot LDS guys who are willing to date for the next 5 years?








Your Personality at 35,000 Says...



Deep down, you vastly prefer being with others to being alone. You love to engage people in conversation.



You are good with your place in the world. You are confident and comfortable with who you are.



Your gift is having a way with words. You know how to express yourself well.



You are inspired by freedom. Whenever you are able to do what you want, good things happen.



You are happy as long as you are given some personal space. It's important for you to have your own private life.




Yeah, this one was actually freakishly accurate, given that it was only five questions long.....And I have no idea how altitude affects anything, but hey...






What Charity Means



You are very open. You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily.

You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind.

A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable.



You are truly an original person. You have amazing ideas, and the power to carry them out.

Success comes rather easily for you... especially in business and academia.

Some people find you to be selfish and a bit overbearing. You're a strong person.



You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.

You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.

You have the classic "Type A" personality.



You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.

You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.

You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.



You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing.

You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long.

You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.



You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life.

You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home.

You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble.



You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in.

You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising.

You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.



Wow! Who knew a name could say so much?! Even if it isn't all that accurate in some ways. If you know me, rebel is probably the last word you would use to describe me, though I am impetuous, impulsive and restless in a lot of ways. I wouldn't say I am MOST comfortable away from home, but I am completely comfortable away from home, perhaps in a way that most people aren't. Also, I am not the best at everything....but I really, REALLY want to be. Everything else is pretty dang close. So, what does YOUR name mean? I wanna know! Tell me, tell me, tell me!!


Okay, so I have now indulged in a completely narcissistic post. Now I want you all to go forth and find out about yourselves, and let me know. I promise, you'll be hooked in no time. (And I will no longer be alone in my addiction.) Embrace the world of Blogthings!

2 comments:

C. said...

* whispers * Get thee a new hobby.

And you are chinese food? With or without MSG, just saying...
* winks *

Melain said...

dgrrrah!

CURSE YOU BLOGTHIIIIIIIINGS!

I'll get back to you. With ALL my answers. *sigh*