Friday, March 14, 2008
Psychoanalyze Yourself; Don't read ahead, just get a pad and pen and answer the following questions with the first thought that comes to mind. Then read which each answer means at the end.
(No cheating! )
1. You are walking in the woods. You are not alone. Who is with you?
A man. I don't know who he is. It's not someone I've ever met before. But I know I'm safe because he's with me.
2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal?
A black panther.
3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?
We both get into a crouch and get slowly closer until we can sense there's no threat. Then we're a team. We walk together.
4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing, and before you is your dream house, what is your dream house.
A one-story English cottage, only it's really spacious indoors. Huge great room, high ceilings, lots of windows and light, fabulous state of the art kitchen with an herb garden window, roomy bedrooms with big windows. Slate patio, flowers and shrubs everywhere, vegetable garden, greenhouse, manicured lawn, massive trees, treehouse, tree swing, lights strung outside.
5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence?
6. You enter the house. You walk into the dining room and see what on the table?
Nothing. It just gleams in the sunlight. Okay, so I guess it has sunlight on it.
7. You exit the house and a cup is on the ground, what kind is it?
I don't see a cup.
8. What do you do with the cup?
9. You walk to the edge of the property where you find yourself standing at the end of a body of water, how much water is there?
A HUUUUGE lake, fathoms deep and miles long and wide.
10. How will you cross the water?
On a jet ski.
Okay. Now I'll analyze me.
1. The person who you are walking in the woods with is the most important person in your life.
(Well, that's alittle depressing.I haven't even met the most important person in my life!)
2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems in your life.
(Fair enough. Not overwhelmingly large, but potentially lethal. Sounds about right.)
3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems....
(I like this one. Makes me sound all sorts of mentally healthy. Yay me!)
4. The size of your dream home is representative of the size of your ambition to solve your problems.
(Not much to look at from the outside, but a lot of internal work. Right again!)
5. A lack of a fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a closed personality. You'd prefer people not drop by unannounced.
(I'm OPEN!!! HaHAA!)
6. If your answer did NOT include food, flowers, or people, then you are generally unhappy.
(Okay, I feel I must disagree. I think I'm pretty happy. Besides, my table is just waiting for all those people to come when I fix that fantastic feast in my envy-inducing kitchen.)
7. The durability of the material with the cup is made of is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship.
(Truth! I tried! I could NOT for the life of me conjure up a cup! Well, I could but I couldn't make it go into the picture. It was one of those Rubbermaid plastic drinking glasses that we all had when we were kids. It was all dirty like a little kid had been using it to dig in the dirt. That's the cup that came to mind, but I could NOT make it go into the picture! I'm a freak.)
8. What you did with the cup is representative of your attitude.
(HOW is it representative of my attitude? My attitude toward what?)
9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.
(Well. How embarrassing. You all now know more about me than you ever wanted to. I trust you will not tease me about this.)
10. The way you cross the water is representative to how easy or hard you expect your life to be.
(I obviously expect to have complete control over the pace and the direction. Lots of get up and go there.)